EuroNatur receives the DZI Donation Seal of Approval
On completion of the comprehensive auditing procedure the EuroNatur Nature Heritage Foundation received the Donation Seal of Approval of the German Central Institute for Social Issues DZI in May 2006.
The awarding of this seal of approval was opened in 2004 to all organisations collecting donations (whereas formerly it was only open to institutions with a social programme). EuroNatur became one of the first to receive it in the area of nature conservation.
The award is presented for the period of a year after intensive examination in which not only the accounting but also the fulfilment of statutory aims and integrity in fundraising have been subjected to close scrutiny.
The criteria for the award of the donation seal are as follows:
- accurate, unambiguous and factual fundraising in text and image,
- verifiable, economical and statutory use of funds with due regard to relevant tax regulations,
- clear and comprehensible financial reporting,
- auditing of the annual report and its presentation to DZI,
- internal supervision of the leadership by an independent supervisory body,
- strict exclusion of the use of premiums, commissions or profit sharing for the procuration of donations.
This means that you may rest assured: donations that reach us do a lot of good, directly benefitting the protection of wild animals and their habitats and they are a genuine contribution to the preservation of natural resources on which the wellbeing of both humans and animals depends.